I have some freelance projects coming up that will be pretty time-consuming (one knitting, one editing) and I’ve known for the last couple of weeks that I won’t have a huge amount of time for my own knitting projects in the next month or so. So I’ve been making a concerted effort to work on a couple of things whose finish lines were within reach.
I did manage to knock one out this week, the handspun alpaca/silk tunic.
It’s basically exactly what I was aiming for: an easy-to-wear, slightly oversized seed stitch tunic. I managed to block one of the sleeves a couple of inches longer than the other, which is a little annoying, but since they’re cuffed anyway, it’s not the end of the world. I can try to fix it the next time I wash it.
I didn’t quite manage to finish my ombre sweater, but it’s close: another inch or so of stockinette, then some garter stitch to wind things up. I may sneak in some time on it in the next week or so; I’d hate to miss out on wearing it this winter.