Not that it’s ever going to be cold enough to wear any of these things ever again. Maybe I can use them as padding for the beds on my improvised raft-home when the icecaps melt completely and Brooklyn floods over. Gah.
(this ridiculous mild winter is really getting to me. I have reverse SAD; going too long without inclement weather makes me cranky. it’s in the 50s today! on january 31! everything is just the worst.)
I went ahead and did the sleeves on the Effortless Cardigan before continuing with the body. I’m pretty sure I’m going to run out of yarn, and while I don’t care if all of the ribbing is done in a different black yarn, I do care if the sleeves are. So I used one ball for each sleeve and knit down to where the ribbing would start. There was just a little left of each ball, which I tucked up into the sleeves and pinned in place with large stitch holders. I think I have three balls left in addition to the one I’m working on, which will definitely get me to the lower edge, but may not cover all of the deep ribbing at the bottom and along the front edge and around the neck.
This is another project that’s not very interesting to work on, but will be a fantastic wardrobe addition. The yarn I’m using, Karabella Frost, is a very soft blend of cashmere, silk, and viscose and has enough weight to it that it drapes beautifully. I’ve lengthened it by two inches between the waist decreases and increases to accommodate my freakishly long torso, but otherwise am making it exactly as written.
The last active project in my rotation right now, Edith Mildred Ferguson, is kind of the opposite: super fun to work on, but probably won’t see a ton of wear. I think complicated cables are pretty much my favorite kind of knitting. They’re just so damn satisfying. And cool. But this is going to be a heavy worsted-weight turtleneck, which I don’t need very often in the overheated places I spend my time.
Since I took this picture before the weekend, I’ve gotten up to the armhole bindoff on the front. I don’t know that I could recommend the pattern unreservedly — the chart is numbered consecutively and the numbers alternate from the left side to the right side, which in every other pattern everywhere indicates the inclusion of ALL rows, but it in fact only charts right-side rows; also, the side shaping is a little weird, the decreases and increases are set very close together — but for a knitter who is experienced enough to work through the chart issues and redistribute the shaping, I think it makes a really cool sweater. I’m going to add a turtleneck, since that kind of high crew neck doesn’t flatter me and I’ve lengthened the body some and made some technical changes, but the basic garment and the cable placement is unchanged.